Your privacy is important to me because I know it’s important to you. For this reason, I keep my website on a secure hosting service with valid certificates. I only collect and use Personal Information in ways that are consistent with your rights and my obligations under the law. And I never sell, barter or trade Personal Data.
I am also committed to protecting the privacy of children: I do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian please supervise your child’s internet use.
What this policy covers
I collect two main types of information.
- I may also collect ‘Personally-Identifiable Information’ (PII), if and when, you choose to voluntarily submit it. This may include: name, email address, and website url.
PII, as described in privacy law and information security, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer or device when you visit certain parts of our site. They do not store any Personally-Identifiable Information about you.
Information I collect through cookies:
- Usage data such as: the time and date of your visit, the pages you visit, the website you used to link to our site, websites you visit from our site, and other diagonstic data.
- Basic demographic information such as: other interests you have, your IP address, browser type, and unique device identifiers.
To facilitate access to my website, personalize your online experience, and record information about your visit.
How to decline cookies:
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Learn how at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this site.
What Personal Data I collect:
I may collect your name, email address, and website URL.
How I collect Personal Data:
- I collect Personal Data only through specific forms where fields are provided for you to enter your name, email address, and website.
- These forms are found on my contact page, comment forms, and blog subscription forms.
Why I collect Personal Data from you:
- To enable me to respond to your comments or questions.
- And to facilitate your subscription to this blog.
How I disclose, or may disclose, information:
- Through aggregate statistics:
Aggregate statistics are automatically submitted to analytical and statistical services, however this data includes no Personally-Identifiable Information (PII).
- To askismet.com through comment and contact forms:
Personal information entered in comment and contact forms is automatically submitted to askismet.com for the sole purpose of spam checking.
- For legal reasons:
To protect and defend my rights or property; to comply with a legal obligation, to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with your use of this website; to protect the personal safety of our users or the public, or to protect against legal liability.
How long I retain your Personal Data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
- Information submitted through forms, such as email sign up forms or contact forms are retained as long as needed for customer service purposes.
- Or until such a time as the data subject chooses to unsubscribe or invokes their right under GDPR to be forgotten.
What rights you have over your Personal Data:
- If you have left comments on this site or submitted queries through my contact form you can request that I erase any Personal Data I hold about you.
- Or if you have subscribed to my email list you can unsubscribe at any time.
- If you would like to have your Personal Data updated, edited or removed, please Contact Me.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded videos. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Links to other sites
- If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to their website. I strongly advise you to review their Privacy Policies.
- Links to other websites does not imply my endorsement of those sites, their owners, or their content.